WORD visualizes a Just and self reliant society where all the members enjoy equal opportunities, rights, justice and participate for democratic decision making to resolve the issues of the society. A society in which the people can live with dignity challenging discrimination and exploitation and exercise their rights for the development of self and the society at large.
Empowering people to assert their rights and fulfill their responsibilities.
Enable the people irrespective of their caste, creed or religion in marching towards better standard of living through identification of their problem, causes ,needs and developing plan of action.
To ensure fullest participation of the people by getting opportunities for education, human resource development, better living environments and democratic approaches.
To create behavioral changes in the community to mainstream women in the development process.
We empower the communities to facilitate social, economic, political and cultural development of vulnerable sections of the society.
* To empower the community based organizations for village sustainability
* To develop skills of the target groups for increased production/income
* To conscientize the community on environment/ecological sustainability
* To bring about economic empowerment through collective action
* To Network with organizations at local, national and international level to promote human development with equity
WORD believes in Right based multi disciplinary approach followed by community education towards empowerment for sustainability of the villages/projects. It is living in the community it is working with and is a grass root organization.
Thrust Areas: Human Rights
Issues on which WORD works are:
• Food insecurity
• Gender discrimination
• Reproductive Child Health issues